Thursday 13 February 2014

Shades of Love


One of those times when you need somebody, and you have them it does feel like a drug moving through your veins. And just as anybody would I ran towards him, not wanting to notice the consequences. That hug was just a modest way of saying I want more. He met me when I was in the sunny side and the grass was much greener there. There, where he stood amidst the crowd waiting for me to come and embrace life. I say this with a lump in my throat.

He pulled me out of something, something I may have readily succumbed to long back. He made me see the sky, the flowers, the walls and a bit of myself. We spoke to each other, but I was only listening to him. We walked together, but I was watching his steps. He touched me with a sense of belonging, the one I had never experienced before. I wanted to run away with him. Run away to a place where I could lie in his arms and have the serenity touch my soul. Just then, I heard him say to me, " Come let me take you on a journey." I didn't know where we were going, not that I cared to ask. But it indeed was a place where I found myself. He laughed and took me in his arms, so soft yet strong, making me feel warm. I love the smell of his sweat, telling that to myself I stopped thinking for a passing second seeming like forever, held him tightly and breathed him in.

While caressing his hands, still lying in his arms on the green grass, my mind was boggling to find out why is he here? He has his secrets. He was too afraid to love, yet lacking the courage to abandon it. His presence had always affected me, but I never could know what mine did for him. I could hear his heart beat loud and clear and lifted my head once to look at him while we were still entwined into an intimate embrace. Being held into his arms, it was perfect. Of course, I wanted more than perfect. What could that possibly be? I did not have a clue.

He ran his fingers gently down my cheeks and asked, is it gone? Your fret? I wanted to smile and say yes, but I didn't. I didn't want to give up the feeling of being in his arms. Well, a man and a woman together, we laughed allowing laughter to bring its magic. We both felt an urge, with our pulse going up too quickly. We understood it all along and let us go to get what we both longed for. Not opening my eyes, not knowing whether he did the same or not, our lips touched and sparked a passion that I never had experienced before. It was a feeling too naive to be explained.

He always kept his promise. He always makes me smile. He always takes away the unwanted and stir a ray faith in me. One of its kind. He always say, we will stay together. Eager for exactly that, I leaned towards him once again, knowing deep down that he may be destined to walk away.

21 comments:

  1. I am taking full credit for 'sparking' this post, Shivangi. But I am giving you full credit for doing it this spectacularly! Just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you can! :D
      But this was actually written by me a year ago! :P

      Delete
    2. *hides head because it is so so red*
      Anyway, stole a little credit and felt good. After your comment on my update, I thought you were off to writing one. So that should explain it.
      The post is good, by the way! :)

      Delete
    3. No, you shouldn't hide your head..you actually were the inspiration in some way. Had I not read your post..I wouldn't have been so charged to post mine!
      So, credit well taken..
      :D

      Delete
    4. And it's always encouraging for me when I read your work..I love you for the person you are..I mean the little that I know about you..is quite enough! :D <3

      Delete
  2. I love it! Totally dreamy and my kind of thing. Glad I stopped by here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant work Sakshi (with the ignition) and Shivangi (for the beautiful piece)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully penned...the moment :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D I'm glad you like it! Keep visiting for more! :D

      Delete
  5. You were right, I did like it!
    Amazingly penned, I must say. :)
    Tell me something, is the story based in Mumbai in June-July 2012? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this was really powerful, the emotions are filled in each line, it feels as if I'm seeing the whole thing happening in front of my eyes.
    And what a topic to coincide with the time for love. :P unfulfilled love and love with a time stamp, gives us a heady feeling but what is left after all are just memories.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI
    Fantastic Write up shivangi, I m a finance guy but still i enjoyed reading...great going..
    Thanks for sharing
    Have a great day Ahead
    Regards
    Bhavikk shah
    BHAVIKK SHAH's BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Bhavik! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of the best writing, I have ever seen till now. I guess you need to learn SEO to improve readership as it can be improved, sad to see such Alexa Rank for this blog :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      I don't know who you are, but definitely a good advice. Please let me know how can I improve my readership with SEO.

      Delete