Wednesday 23 July 2014

You, the Sandwich

My first thought would have been Sugar, Spice and everything nice but then I thought this can’t be it. A restaurant is naming a dish after me and I can’t just do away with these staple ingredients. So, I went about asking a few friends what they think I’m made of. And I got pretty decent answers. Pretty but weird.

Can you imagine me being a Raj Kachori? He said I've layers to me. Which is true. And then it makes sense because just by the way I’m plump. The other one made me quite happy as she said I’d be Mango Salsa. Because I’m quite different and I fill the space (read food as I’m a recipe) with life! The person that I am, I wasn't still satisfied with the answers so I went and asked the third one. He blasted me with options which I think are quite cool. Like he said I’d definitely have saffron in me. With all the pun he could add, he says I’m Posh! He also said I’d have mint. It’s refreshing and all.

Having my brain cells working too hard to filter the information given by these ‘sweet’ people I have in my life, I considered giving them and a break by re-briefing them so that they could think on their own. The outcome, well it isn't too different.

I believe I would definitely have mango as an ingredient. It’s sweet and sour at the same time. Those green little things, they describe me being sweet with a hint of satire that I can never throw away. I would love to add a little bit of cardamom to the dish, to give the taste of ethnicity. I am quite a chirpy person and as recommended already I’d add mint. It’ll give that well needed punch to the dish. Apple apparently would give a healthy touch. I like apple too, it’s my favorite fruit. Then I’d add some red wine. My life won’t be my life without all the insanity alcohol stirs in it. To give it a little crunch I’d add some crushed nachos and maybe roasted almonds. There would be a lot of lettuce, me being a vegan. I think I’d ask the restaurant to name it ‘The Crazy Crazoll’.

Wow! Sounds pretty nice to me. “The Crazy Crazoll’. All the madness, sourness, sweetness rolled into one crispy delightful and ambrosial dish! I would definitely make an awesome package!
And especially for all those who by now have their taste buds growling, I have an awesome recipe of myself! I mean, of my dish; ‘The Crazy Crazoll’.

Ingredients
1 Mango (peeled and mashed)
1 Red Pepper (Capsicum)
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Green Capsicum
Lettuce
Olives
Corn
Mint leaves (grind)
1 Apple (peeled and mashed)
Fresh Coriander
Nachos (Crushed)
Two teaspoons of Red Wine ( you can do without it too)
Tortilla Wraps (if you can make them at home, nothing like it!)
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder to taste
Coriander Powder to taste
Cardamom Powder
Oregano
2-3 table spoons Tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon Mustard Sauce

For the Filling
Saute the peppers, capsicum and all other vegetables in a pan. Pour the red wine carefully. Add dried spices and the mashed mango and apple. Mix it well and keep it aside. Now add, mint leaves, coriander leaves and the sauces.

Take a tortilla. Spread two lettuce leaves on it. Add the mixture in the middle, sprinkle crushed nachos and roll the tortilla covering it from all the sides. It’ll somewhat be in a rectangular shape.
Now heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the tortillas till they are light golden brown. They’ll appear nice and crisp. Serve them with some mayonnaise and enjoy ‘The Crazy Crazolls’! If you haven’t added the wine, serve these with the wine itself!

P.S. Do tell me if you try this.  


[Written for WordPress Daily Prompts: 365 Writing Prompts. The prompt for today was – You, the Sandwich - If a restaurant were to name something after you, what would it be? Describe it?]


12 comments:

  1. By God, I'm all drooling. You made an already hungry me even more hungry. I wish someone just parcels 2 pieces of the Crazy Crazolls right away. Sounds really interesting Ms. Crazy Crazoll! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Come home someday, I'll cook them myself for you! :)

      Delete
  2. While Ms. Crazy Crazoll is an amazing name, I'd have gone with the name of "Hungry Hungerson" for a sandwich named after "Yappity Yapperson" :P Sumptuous post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Hungry Hungerson! I will try using this name in a post of mine, just because I like you! :D

      Delete
  3. When you are meeting me next, make sure you prepare the dish! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha damn dis is awesome.. Covers all the bases!!! But plz go slow on the chili when u make it for me.. :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know what to gift you this time on your b'day! A basket full of apples. :) :D

    Keep surprising us with posts like these and we will keep knowing you better! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! :)

      You know me and all the corners of my head! :P

      Delete
  6. You made yourself so delicious I want to have you for dinner now. :D Oh, I mean the "All the madness, sourness, sweetness rolled into one crispy delightful and ambrosial dish!" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! :D
      Come over for dinner someday! I shall cook it myself for you!

      Delete